Sunday 5 September 2010

Diving, Music and Food in SE Asia


Here are some photos from my two weeks in Kuching (Borneo), Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. My good friend Farrah was studying in Borneo as part of her PhD at St George's Hospital in Tooting, London, so I went to visit her.
We did quite a lot in the short time that I was there, such as going to the World Music Rainforest Festival for three days - listening to great music from around the world, visiting the gorgeous Orangutans and completing our PADI Diving ceritficate.
Laksa - Typical Malaysian breakfast
I absolutely loved the food in Malaysian - its certainly one of my favourite cuisines. For breakfast, Laksa is very typical - it is a very spicy rice noodle soup cooked in a delicious fishy broth and a bit of coconut milk. I wish I could eat it everyday for breakfast.
Beautiful Borneo sunset


More Borneo photos....

No comments: